Colorado Physician Partners practices are dedicated to helping you get and stay healthy. Our doctors, nurses and staff are here to answer questions about your health and connect you to resources.
Have you ever forgotten to talk with your doctor about something? Or felt confused about the information you heard? Colorado Physician Partners providers want you to take an active role in your health care. Here are tips to help you get the most out of your visit.
Before Your Appointment
- When making your appointment, explain the reason for the visit so they can schedule enough time.
- Confirm the doctor’s office accepts your insurance. Ask what payment, if any, you will need to make at your appointment.
- Ask what time to arrive for your appointment. You may need to fill out paperwork when you get there.
At Your Appointment
- Arrive early for your appointment, if you need to fill out paperwork.
- Bring the following information:
- Your insurance card and ID.
- List of your symptoms, if any.
- List of medications you are taking and the dosage, including over-the-counter medications, vitamins, herbs and supplements. If you have a smartphone, you can take pictures to show your doctor.
- Your health history and family medical history, if this is your first visit.
- Questions you want to ask. List the most important questions first to make sure you get answers.
- Talk with your provider about your health concerns, explain any symptoms and be honest about your health history.
- Let the doctor know if you do not understand something. You may want to bring a family member or friend to help ask questions and remember answers.
- Before you leave your doctor’s office, be sure you understand any instructions your doctor has given you.
If your situation is not life or limb threatening, call your Colorado Physician Partners provider first instead of going to the ER or hospital. Our practices reserve time for same day appointments and may be able to schedule you right away.